Where Moms Who Blog Go!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Go Go Go Go!

"Go, shorty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's your birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a (bleep)
cause it's not your birthday!"

Not that I'm a huge (or any kind really..) fan of 50 Cent - but IT'S MY BIRTHDAY and last Saturday night we did party - like it's my birthday!! Homemade Chinese food dinner made by my friend Christina, then we all headed over and rocked Ray's Karaoke like it was nobody's business!!!!

So it's December 22nd, 3 days before Christmas, and it's my birthday .. yup, I know what you are all thinking 'geesh, that sucks...' and I know my Parents think that is what I think too .. that some how (I think) I got ripped off growing up with my birthday being so close (3 days...) to Christmas ... So this blog is going out to them. And Brent. Why? Because they've made sure that even though my birthday is so close, I've always had a party, I've always had separate presents to open - that aren't wrapped in Christmas paper - and that I celebrated like it was the middle of June (or February, you know cause it would be more convenient then ....)

I have some pretty awesome friends - and family - and because of them having a birthday 'so close' to Christmas is pretty cool .. all that extra attention and stuff... you know us Capricorns, we love attention!!


".......Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go, shorty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's your birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a (Bleep)
cause it's not your birthday!...................."

Amanda
Inspire Marketing

2 comments:

  1. Jr Puff, our adorable yet totally nutty son was born on December 23rd and we (@nenabog and I) have made a point each year to have a party for him a little earlier in December to separate his birthday from Christmas, with separate presents and non - christmas wrapping paper. And 1 of the best parts about his actually birthday being so close to X-mas is that we are all home to spend the entire day with him.. Happy Belated Birthday to you.

    Ljuba

    ReplyDelete