Where Moms Who Blog Go!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mabel's Label's Super Cool "Blogher '10 Contest"

An electrical storm is going to wipe out the Internet – and because as my husband puts it, I am on twitter 27 out of 24 hours a day – I saw this update!! Wipe.out.the.internet! Yes I had to ‘shush’ the kids and focus intently on this…

My Dear God.. Action Plan – Call my Starbucks on Locke St. to verify they are still in business (check!) I mean really – this could quite possibly signal the return of coffee shops that require me to use their drive through for a pretend cappuccino (shudder), not allowing me to lounge in their lovely, comfy chairs, sipping my beloved Grande, non-fat, Vanilla Latte with caramel drizzle, laptop open to some very important websites, while blissfully ignoring Abby and the twins…

After assuring me my latte will be waiting, as always, the next equally frightening revelation came to the fore. I will actually have to make friends face to face in the school yard when dropping off and picking up the kids…not just through my computer screen…and you know what this means? Yes, I will now have to put on some makeup and fix my hair!

I am however sitting comfortably with the knowledge that my other passion; Scrapbooking will not be affected.. and what a huge relief that is. Yes, I can cut and paste very comfortably without my laptop…besides, I really hate having to clean my keyboard when glitter gets on it…

After having some time to digest this news, I think I’m going to be ‘alright’…knowing that I will still have my Starbucks, being left with no alternative but to spend more time with my husband and children, and that there will also be more time for friends, I say this: Bring on the storm!

Amanda


Submitted for the Super Cool "Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest"

I love Mabel's Label's - not just the labels, but their people ...
let's hope I get the chance to represent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment